We have a big announcement – we now have a storefront location in downtown Cobourg, Ontario and it is OPEN!
Come check us out at 79C King St West.
We procured the space on March 15, 2017, and what a journey it has been! Lots of time was spent tearing out internal fixtures, further securing ones we decided to keep, and we’re still cleaning out specific areas of the space and setting up products, the studio space, and the lounge area.
We are in love with the bright lime green colour (one of the town’s Heritage colours), and that that gorgeous bright turquoise (approved by the Town of Cobourg and our condo board) on the door. We’re now waiting on installation of our sign, so there will be a new post about that once it’s in!
We hope the bright door will entice you to stop by the store and browse what we have set out already. While we are always working on our inventory selection and display, what’s there is what we have – for now! Come browse our:
- Gorgeous alpaca, llama, bamboo and cotton yarns from Americo Original
- Organic cottons from Europe, all in beautiful colourways
- Exciting new Katia yarns
- Knitting needles and sets from addi, Knitter’s Pride, Knit Picks and ChiaoGoo
- Crochet hooks and sets by Unique/Pony and Knit Picks
- Tatting needles and shuttles by Boye, Havel’s, Handy Hands, as well as handmade
- A variety of threads for needlepoint, cross-stitch, embroidery, crochet, kumihimo/macrame and tatting including:
- DMC Brilliant Tatting Cotton
- Pearl cotton by Presencia, Valdani, DMC, VOG and Leviathan
- Luxofil metallic threads
- DMC Diamant
- Embroidery floss by DMC, Royal and Presencia
- Silk perle by Valdani
- Silk beading thread
- C-lon bead cord – great for tatting & fine kumihimo braiding
- Rayon & cotton blend Rattail (made in the U.S.A.) great for kumihimo braiding and macrame
- Weaving sticks
- Books on a range of needlecraft subjects
- And much more!
You won’t be disappointed by the variety of items we have in stock. We also have our addi Express and addi Express King sie machines out on display to demo so you can see how fast it is to knit with these modern “knitting machines”, or mechanical looms. And finally, we have a number of knitting machines like the LK140 and the LK100 available to rent time at so you can blast through your yarn stash in no time!
While we are still setting up the studio area, you are welcome to come take a look at the machines in action and see if they’re something you’d want to spend time getting to know.
As always, if there’s something specific you’re looking for that we don’t yet carry, we’re happy to order it in for you. If this is the case, please email or call 905-372-3150 with the brand name and model of the item you’re looking for, and we’ll do our best to bring it in.
We will also be conducting workshops in our studio, and socials in our lounge area (once that’s set up). Please keep an eye on our Events Calendar page for upcoming classes. We’re finalising the first round this week, and will post again once the schedule is ready.
Please note, for now we are only able to accept cash, or credit. We are working on our debit solution, and it should be ready within 2 weeks.